Supply chain management doesn’t just go one way, and that’s why we’ve structured a reverse logistics service that’s flexible to your needs. No matter if you’re looking to handle customer returns, seasonal product returns or if you just want to protect your brand by destroying and recycling old products, ShipCalm has a solution for you!
What Percentage of Products are Returned?
If you’re selling online, simply put, you need to be prepared to process, handle and manage returns. Did you know that about 30 percent of all online products are returned? Compare that stat to a brick-and-mortar’s return rate of just around 9 percent.
Why do consumers return eCommerce products at such a high rate? The following are the top reasons, according to Invesp’s eCommerce Product Return Statistics and Trends:
- Product Arrived Damaged: 20 percent
- Wrong Item Was Shipped: 23 percent
- Product Looks Different from Website: 22 percent
- Other: 35 percent
Whether you run an eCommerce site, it’s vital you have a seamless, clear return policy in place. Customers are finicky and unforgiving, and you’re trying to survive in times where competition is high. A few more stats that may convince you:
- More than 90 percent of consumers will make a purchase if they know returns are easy
- Almost 70 percent of online shoppers will review a return policy before buying
- Close to 60 percent of consumers are looking for a no-questions return policy
- Just under 80 percent of consumers demand free return shipping on purchases
Common Challenges with Returns
Why are returns such a complicated issue for brands?
- Tracking Warranties – if there is a warranty component and a third party is now involved, returns suddenly become even more problematic.
- Tracking Value – often returns are due to damaged or faulty components in a product. How do you assess the value of a partially damaged item?
- Contractors and Dealers – using subcontractors, contractors or distributors that go beyond your own individual services offered can be complicated, particularly if you are sending back, say, just one component from an original package.
- Efficient Repair Processes – repairs can be tricky if service-members aren’t skilled on a particular product.
Why Is Reverse Logistics Important?
Beyond the obvious (customer satisfaction for a seamless return process), there are many other reasons reverse logistics are of huge importance. Having a process in place can mean you will enjoy:
- Customer Loyalty
- Decreased Expenses
- Ability to Handle High Volume of Returns
- Better Profitability
- Inventory Management
- Asset Recovery
- Maximum Value from Products
- Ease of Disposal
- A Reputation for Being Enviro-Friendly
- Ability to Return Parts and Products to Manufacturers
Our reverse logistics services include:
- Return Management
- eCommerce Customer Returns
- Seasonal Product Returns
- Detailed Product Inspection Upon Return
- Automated Technology & Equipment
- Destruction of Surplus Products
- Product Recalls
Let ShipCalm Help With Returns!
Having a partner you trust means alleviating the stress of trying to handle all the issues and challenges returns present. From seasonal returns, to basic daily returns, to the need to destroy or recycle old product, ShipCalm can address the complicated process of handling returns. Contact us or get started with a custom price today!